Happy birthday to Nigerian musician D’Prince. The rapper and singer-songwriter is celebrating his 32rd birthday. As we celebrate with him today, we would reveal to you 10 things you need to know about the ‘banana’ singer.
- His real name is Charles Enebeli
- He is the younger brother of superstar music mogul and CEO of Mavins record Don Jazzy
- D’Prince’s father Collins Enebeli was a music producer and business tycoon. He is also the founder of the record label Sagitarious Productions.
- In 2015, D’Prince had a child with Sharon Oparacho
- He has released only one studio album titled “Frenzy” in 2012.
- Although he has been nominated for numerous awards, especially Headies Award, the rapper has never won an award in his career.
- D’prince can speak two native Nigerian languages fluently- Igbo and Yoruba, he frequently uses the pidgin language during his music performance as well.
- The primary influences of his career are Fela Kuti and Bob Marley
- His pseudonym “omoba” means the child of a king.
- In 2011, he opened a luxurious nightclub called Club Jonzing in Nigeria
ALSO READ: Don Jazzy and Toke Makinwa Shoot their Shots
We wish D’prince long life and prosperity and pray that his music continues to blossom and he keeps creating major hits for Nigerians and the world.