Happy birthday to Nigerian indigenous rapper Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike best known as Phyno who celebrates his 32nd birthday today. More life to the dexterous bars lyricist, to celebrate him today here are 10 things we need to know about him.
ALSO READ: Phyno named ambassador of Life Lager Beer
ALSO READ: 10 Nigerian Musicians with Wonderful Tattoos
- He was born in Enugu state.
- His pseudonym or nickname was derived from the word ‘Phenomenon’ which means to be exceptional. He was given by his classmates back in secondary.
- He studied Public Administration in the prestigious Institute of Management and Management in Enugu.
- Phyno has released 2 studio albums. Two as a solo artist (No guts, No Glory in 2014 and The Playmaker in 2016).
- Phyno and his music affiliate Olamide have been certified for blurring cultural diversity in the Nigeria in the music platform. They released a collaboration in 2015 titled 2 Kings.
- He won his first major award at the 2012 Headies Award for the best collaboration with Olamide on the hit single “Ghost mode” which was also a massive anthem on the streets.
- He has received 28 total award nominations and won a total of 5 as of October 2018.
- Phyno is signed to the mainstream record label PENTHAUZE which also has other major musicians such as Runtown, Shugaboi and Flipside.
- Although Phyno took the indigenous Igbo rap to a whole new platform, he is not the initiator. He was preceded by IllBliss, Mr Raw and Massai.
- Phyno is a brand ambassador for Guinness company.
ALSO READ: I won’t mind dating Phyno- Yemi Alade
Happy birthday to the phenomenon one, we celebrate you.