Nigeria’s musician Duncan Mighty Okechukwu celebrates as he turns 35 today. We are excited about his musical style which includes the use of indigenous lyrical perspective and continuous promotion of the music awareness in the Port Harcourt industry.
Here are the 10 things you need to know about the River state singer:
- His full name is Duncan Wene Mighty OKechukwu
- Duncan’s native name ‘Wene’ means brotherhood or blood in Rivers state.
- Duncan hails from Obio-Akpor, Rivers state.
- Duncan has released 4 studio albums
- In 2011, he was voted the “Indigenous Artist of the year” at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- Duncan got married his longtime girlfriend Vivian in July 2015.
- He is a peace ambassador for United Nations
- Duncan’s songs ‘Port Harcourt’ and ‘Obianuju’ brought him a new level of fame across Nigeria and West Africa.
- Aside from music, Duncan is also a sound and audio engineer.
- Duncan owns the musicals imprint Young Wealth Records.
Happy birthday to the Port Harcourt king, we wish him longetivity in his career.