Happy birthday to the dark complexioned prince of Nigerian music industry, Wande Coal. We are celebrating the musician that has kept us entertained and mesmerized our hearts with his dexterous musical vocals. Here are ten things you need to know about the Mushin-born singer:
- Wande Coal’s real name is Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe
- Wande Coal is a graduate of the prestigious institution University of Lagos where he studied Curriculum Studies.
- His debut studio album Mushin to Mo-Hits saw him gain mainstream attention in United Kingdom and USA.
- Wande Coal was voted the Next Rated Musician at the 2008 Hip Hop World Awards.
- Wande Coal has influenced the likes of fellow musicians Wizkid and Kiss Daniel
- Originally, Wande Coal arrived into the music industry as a dancer and not as a musician that he is renowned to be today. He was a dancer in D’banj’s video “Why me.”
- He has a son with a lady known as Temitope Ogunnusi.
- He was a member of the church choir when he was a child, that was where he developed his music talent and ability.
- Wande Coal is the chief executive of Black Diamond Entertainment record label
- Wande Coal’s brother Tee Josh is also a musician and dancer.
Happy birthday once again to the “Iskaba” crooner, this is the beginning of greater things for the Nigerian superstar. More life King!