This year promises to be an interesting one. The signs are already showing forth. If you don’t know, this year’s St. Valentine’s day falls on Ash Wednesday.
Yes, I just saw you check your calendar for confirmation. Children of the world! Shior!
February 14, 2018 is going to be a solemn one but I doubt the children of the world will let it be. Seems some people would still pollute this sanctified day with their ‘worldliness’ *coughs*
Ok. February 14 this year is Ash Wednesday, a day of fasting, the first day of Lent for Catholics and many other Christians.
In Nigeria, Ash Wednesday is observed by Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Roman Catholics, and some Baptists, though other denominations too are gradually embracing it.
On the other hand, February 14 is a day traditionally set aside for love. But sadly, it has been bastardized by the ‘children of the world’. It’s a day of debauchery; wanton indulgence in sex and alcohol.
Hmmn, I know you know.
As we await the day, here are 5 things you must not do on Valentine’s Day 2018. Sabinews is watching you:
- Thou shall not visit the joint or brothel. Go straight for mass, please.
- Thou shall not kiss or smooch. Shift and maintain holiness gap.
- Thou shall not drink alcohol except the holy communion of the Lord!
- Thou shall not ‘do-the-do’. You should be fasting and abstaining. Geddit!
- Thou shall not consume Asun (roast meat), Suya (beef kebab) or sushi *tongue out”. No meat on that day, pure and simple. It is sacrilegious. Tufiakwa.