So what’s going to make you happy? What can you do to make yourself happy?
There are simple and easy things you can do. Here are five.
- Listen to music from the happiest time in your life: Music affects the brain in an interesting way: it can remind you of places you have listened to it before. So by listening to music from your happiest time, you are taken back to that time and recapture the feeling.
- Smile: Feeling down? Smile. Happiness makes you smile, but smiling can also produce happiness.
- Think about your goals: It changes how you see the world and releases happy chemicals in your brain. So when you’re feeling stressed or challenged, think about your long-term goals. It gives your brain a sense of control and can release dopamine which will make you feel better and more motivated.
- Get your sleep: Depressed people don’t sleep well. And people who don’t sleep well get depressed. So make sure to get enough sleep.
- Beat procrastination by reducing stress and doing a simple thing to get started: Start small. Pick one small task you can accomplish quickly and do it. Achieving one thing will give you the confidence to the next and the next and before you know it you’ve hit your target. And that can do great things for your happiness levels.