After claiming five amiable awards at the 14th African Movies Academy Awards, AMAA Awards 2018, Five Fingers of Marseille has carved its name recorded in the golden books of perfect direction and excellent execution.
View this post on Instagram
“Breakthrough performances” —- Black Girl Nerds Five Fingers for Marseilles features an incredible all star cast. Here’s @zethudlomomphahlele as The Protector! On U.S #itunes from October 23. Pre-order link in bio. See review excerpts below: . "Stylish and entertaining" – The New York Times, Critic's Pick —— "Original…explosive…crackles with energy" – Los Angeles Times —— "The genre's Black Panther"- The Wall Street Journal —— “A must-see masterwork" – Birth.Movies.Death. —— "Commands attention” – Variety —— "A South African Avengers" – Sunday Times —— "Insightful and powerful" – HuffPost —— "A necessary addition to the western canon" – Shadow & Act #western #fivefingersfilm #africarising #indiefilm #keyart #movieposter #western #washingtondc #southafrica #blackgirlnerds
ALSO READ: Nollywood Losses Film maker
The South African thriller movie was directed by Michael Mathews, a young personnel that was making his directional debut in the industry. The director won the award for “Best 1st Feature film by a Director” and it is the commencement of a great career ahead.
The movie has surpassed all expectations and won multiple awards, it was voted “Best film” and would also gain successful recognition in other categories such as “Achievement in Production Design” “Best Film in African language” and “Achievement in cinematography.”
Here are five things you need to know about this immaculate South African movie production:
- The movie was written by Sean Drummond.
- The language used in the movie was “Sesotho.” The divulgence of the native language blended with Western themes saw the movie emerge winners in the “Best Film in African language” category.
- The was successfully affiliated with a total of five awards, becoming thhe third South African movie to emerge winners in the “Best film” category.
- The released on the 6th of April, 2018 in South Africa.
- The movie holds an 80% approval rating by the American review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. The movie is exceptional both home and abroad.
This is a must see masterwork, the stunt moves, dialogues, action scenes and the interpretation of the script by the actors is undeniably exceptional and they deserve every award that they have garnered and would still win at forthcoming awards. The movie is insightful and powerful.