October 21, 2018

Latest Updates

59 missing after landslide in China

59 missing after landslide in China

Hundreds of rescue workers are looking for survivors after a landslide hit 33 buildings in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen.

State media said 59 people are still missing. No deaths have been reported.

Authorities said 900 people were evacuated from an industrial park after the landslide struck on Sunday.

The city is one of China’s biggest and is a major industrial centre across the border from Hong Kong.

Two workers’ dormitories are among the affected buildings. State media quoted officials as saying 36 men and 23 women were missing and that “signs of life” had been detected at three separate locations. Read more

Photo Credit

 

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *