Popular Nigerian media personality and one of the most fashionable women in our generation Toke Makinwa turns 34 today. We say a big happy birthday to her and wish her more life.
Toke’s life hasn’t been rosy and things weren’t being as exquisite as they seem to be painted on the social media spectrum. Here are the ten things you need to know about the Kim Kardashian of Nigeria.
- Toke lost both her parents at the tender age of 8 to a fire outbreak.
- Toke divorced her husband Maje Ayida in 2017 after realizing that he impregnated his ex-girlfriend. They initially got married in 2014 but seperated in 2016 and finalized the divorce in 2017.
- Toke wrote a bestseller titled On Becoming in 2016.
- She was voted the most outstanding Female Presenter of the Year at the Nigeria Broadcasters Award in 2012.
- In 2013, Toke became an ambassador for United Africa Company of Nigeria alongside Osas Ighadaro, Dare-Art Alade and Dan Foster.
- Toke graduated from the great institution, University of Lagos where she earned a degree in English and Literature.
- She one of the women of this generation that can be dubbed as a polymath due to her charisma and influence. She is an On Air Personality, Author, Face model, vlogger, television host and a brand ambassador.
- Toke has hosted the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageantry twice, in 2010 and 2018.
- She is the first female media personnel to have over 2 million followers on Instagram.
- Toke has been referred to as the Nigerian Kim Kardashian due to her controversial sexually appealing aura and fashion ideology.