Commission Upholds Suspension of UFC Fighters McGregor And Nurmagomedov

Commission Upholds Suspension of UFC Fighters McGregor And Nurmagomedov

 

The suspension of UFC fighters Conor McGregor and Russsian, Nurmagomdov have been upheld by the Nevada Athletic Commission in a unanimous ruling on Wednesday. The commission has extended the ban until it is able to complete investigations in December.

 

 

The decision pertains to the after fight brawl that ensued after their Las Vegas fight. Conor, who had just lost his return UFC fight to the Russian since his last boxing fight with Floyd Mayweather was assaulted by some persons from Nurmagomedov’s camp who scaled the ring and appeared to have attacked the defeated Conor.

The commission has however decided to release half of the $2 Million prize money to Nurmagomedov which was initially all withheld. The remaining will be released after investigations are completed in December.

‘I have felt half was a good enough amount of money, to release a million dollars,’ the NSAC chairman, Anthony Marnell, said during the meeting. ‘That should cover all expenses, give the fighter some money.

ALSO READ: Chairman of Arcadia Group Named in Sexual Assault Case

‘At the same time, it’s still a very substantial amount of money to be withheld until we can get to the case in December and get all of the testimony or potentially we get a settlement agreement.

‘Who knows how that will go over the next 60 days, but it’s enough money to keep this contestant’s interest in this hearing.’

Three men from Nurmagomedov’s camp were arrested in connection with the post-brawl fight but later released because Conor McGregor refused to press charges.

Conor McGregor’s manager released a statement after the decision was made stating ‘I under the Nevada Athletics Commission is doing a thorough investigation, which I am confident will benefit my client’

 

While Nurmagomedov apologized for his actions, he said he had been angered by McGregor’s pre-fight trash talk, with the Irishman, making remarks concerning the Russian fighter’s family, religion, and nationality.

‘This is a respectful sport, not a trash-talking sport,’ Nurmagomedov said during a post-bout media conference.

Both fighters were previously handed temporary suspensions on October 15 following their post-fight brawl.

 

 

 

 

We think you'd love these too...

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *