Congo says 3 new Ebola cases confirmed in large city (Washingtonpost)

Congo says 3 new Ebola cases confirmed in large city (Washingtonpost)

Congo’s health minister says three new cases of the often lethal Ebola virus have been confirmed in a city of more than 1 million people.

The statement issued late Friday says the confirmed cases are in Mbandaka city, where a single case was confirmed earlier in the week.

There are now 17 confirmed Ebola cases in this outbreak, plus 21 probable cases and five suspected ones.

The spread of Ebola to an urban area has caused alarm but the World Health Organization on Friday decided not to declare the outbreak a global health emergency. Read more

Lilian Osigwe Editor

A Creative and Versatile Writer.  
Currently writes for SabiNews Media

follow me

We think you'd love these too...

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *