October 20, 2018

Latest Updates

Death by deodorant: Teen dies after inhaling gas

Death by deodorant: Teen dies after inhaling gas
A teenager died in a freak accident after inhaling the gas from deodorant he was spraying to wash himself. Thomas Townsend, 16, would use the aerosol to clean himself rather than take showers, an inquest was told today.

Coroner Rachel Redman told the hearing: “He sprayed it all over himself and succumbed to the effects of the gas.” Thomas died at a children’s home near Folkestone, on August 29 last year.

Staff member Lucy Banyard found his body on the landing outside his room on the top floor of the home at about 6.30pm. Paramedics were called but he could not be revived.Pathologist Dr Kareem Aboualfa said cause of death was circulation collapse caused by butane gas inhalation but there was no drink or drugs in his system. Read more

 

Related posts

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *