An expectant mother, her husband and two children were yesterday burnt to death in their Lagos home.
The incident occurred at 13, Buraimoh Street, Bariga at the wee hours of the day.
Forty-one-year-old Kenneth Eze, his wife, Favour and their daughters Miracle and Marvellous were sleeping in their shop when the fire broke out.
Kenneth, who ran a drug outlet, resided in his aluminium shop with his family.
Besides, the wife reportedly went into force labour and delivered still birth which the fire.
Two other shops, a tailoring centre and a provision store attached to the chemist’s store were also razed by the inferno.
Neighbours who were alarmed by their screaming said the metallic component of the burglary secured shop made it difficult to render timely assistance.
They were said to have died from burns and suffocation from the fire.
While some residents blamed the outbreak on electric surge, others claimed it was caused by a lit candle that was left unattended.
It was learnt Eze, an Imo state indigene, was set to spend the Christmas holiday at his newly built home in Ikorodu before the incident. Read more