The former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, was chosen by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate to be his running mate and here are five things about him:
- Peter Obi has only two children, a daughter and a son. Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia gives their names as Gabriella Nwamaka Obi who is two years older than her brother, Gregory Oseloka Obi.
- He was born on July 19, 1961, and graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1980 with a degree in Philosophy.
- Obi spent eight years and seven months as the governor of Anambra State. He was sworn in as governor of Anambra State on 17 March 2006. However, on 2 November 2006, he was impeached after seven months in office. He took the matter to court, he won and was reinstated on 9 February 2007.
- He is a staunch Catholic and also a Papal Knight of the Order of St. Sylvester.
- He was a former Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan in April 2015.