* Fuel scarcity looms as NUPENG backs NLC planned strike * Why I Support Executive Order 6 – Balarabe Musa

* Fuel scarcity looms as NUPENG backs NLC planned strike                   * Why I Support Executive Order 6 – Balarabe Musa

SABINEWS EVENING NEWS UPDATE NOVEMBER 4, 2018

 

Fuel scarcity looms as NUPENG backs NLC planned strike

There may be shortage of fuel next week as the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers has pledged its loyalty to the Nigeria Labour Congress and any step that the NLC decides to take. The Federal Government on Friday obtained an order from the National Industrial Court restraining the organised labour from embarking on strike. The NLC, the Trade Union Congress and the United Labour Congress had, however, insisted on embarking on the strike, claiming that they had not been served with court processes.

Why I Support Executive Order 6 – Balarabe Musa

Left-wing Nigerian politician and former governor of old Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, appears to have soft pedaled on his criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration. Since the emergence of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Musa seems to have turned against the PDP and its standard bearer. The ex-governor who recently said killings of innocent Nigerians would continue beyond 2019, reeled out a number of reasons why Buhari is better than Atiku.

Ganduje: SERAP Seeks Protection for Journalist, Jaafar

Anti-corruption group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, has called on the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr Abubakar Malami (SAN), to ensure the protection of Mr Jaafar Jaafar, the journalist who circulated the video clips showing the Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje, allegedly collecting kickbacks from contractors. This was as the group tasked the Federal Government to wade into the investigation of the bribery allegations against the governor and to ensure that he was prosecuted upon leaving office if the allegations were established.

Osun REC Wasn’t Beaten by Youths – INEC

The Osun Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has denied that the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Osun State, Segun Agbaje, was humiliated and beaten to a coma by some angry youths at the First Baptist Church, Oke Owode, Ikirun, at the burial ceremony of Timothy Ibitoye a former REC of Ogun State. The electoral body in a statement signed by its state spokesperson, Akin Ojewande, said Agbaje was only disrupted by some angry members of a political party while paying tribute to the former Ogun State REC on behalf of the commission. “Some rancorous fellows believed to be members of a particular political party attempted to disrupt the service,” the commission said.

 Olujimi, Aluko Seek Dissolution of Fayose’s PDP Exco

Some aggrieved members of the People’s Democratic Party in Ekiti State on Saturday affirmed the Senate Minority Leader, Chief Abiodun Olujinmi, as the leader of the party in the state. Governor Ayodele Fayose had been the leader of the party in the state. The members who met under the auspices of the PDP Stakeholders Forum in Ado Ekiti also asked the National Executive Committee to dissolve the Gboyega Oguntuase-led State Working Committee, which is loyal to former Governor Ayodele Fayose.

Allow Experts to Run Football Clubs, says Onigbinde

Former coach of Super Eagles, Adegboye Onigbide, has blamed those he described as ‘apprentice administrators’ for the loss of two spots in the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) championships, saying these ‘novices’ running the Nigeria Football Professional League (NPFL) clubs are administrators with little or no knowledge of the game. CAF recently reduced the number of spots for Nigeria’s clubs in the continental championships from four to two due to their abysmal performance in the 2017/2018 season.

Wilder: I Will Inflict Pain On Fury

Deontay Wilder has been watching Tyson Fury’s video training clips and he’s been unimpressed.  It will be the Gypsy King’s third comeback fight, following more than two years out of the ring since his previous bout against Wladimir Klitschko. Ahead of their clash at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Fury has been playing down his opponent by mocking his boxing style.

Liverpool Target £105m Dembele

Liverpool are interested in being the first in line to try and sign Ousmane Dembele £105m if he winds up leaving Barcelona in the not so distant future. The Frenchman has been linked with a move away from the Nou Camp in the last few weeks despite the fact he seems to have made a decent start to the campaign, and as you’d expect, a series of top European clubs have already registered their interested.

Leicester City footballers in Bangkok to pay respects to Vichai

Players and staff from Leicester City were set to arrive in Bangkok Sunday to attend a mourning rite for the club’s chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, whose death last week in a helicopter crash stunned the Premier League club. Sunday marks the second day of a week-long ceremony held at Wat Thepsirin, one of Bangkok’s most famous temples which typically serves as the site for funerals of very important Thais. Over the coming days Thailand’s business and political elites are expected to visit the temple to pay their respects, while monks will chant Buddhist verses over the duty-free mogul’s body.

Rebels kill at least 7 civilians in eastern DRCongo

Rebels killed at least seven civilians and abducted 15 others, including children, in fresh overnight raids in the far eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, civilian and military sources said Sunday. Fighters of the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) staged two raids Saturday night in the North Kivu region bordering Uganda, Teddy Kataliko, leader of the civilian administration in Beni district, told AFP. According to his account, rebels at Mangboko burnt a lorry driver in his vehicle and killed six other civilians, while in Oicha, they killed one person and abducted 15 others — for a total death toll of eight.

15 Killed as Truck Hits 31-Car Lineup in China

An out-of-control truck ploughed into a 31-car lineup in northwest China killing 15 people and injuring 44, authorities in the city of Lanzhou said Sunday. The accident occurred Saturday night as the driver of the heavy duty articulated truck lost control on a downhill stretch of expressway and collided with cars lining up at a toll booth, Lanzhou’s propaganda department said. Ten of the 44 hurt sustained serious injuries, authorities said. The big rig driver Li Feng was put under investigation and police watch, according to the official news agency Xinhua.

North Korea Warns of Returning to Nuclear Policy

North Korea has warned the United States it will “seriously” consider returning to a state policy aimed at building nuclear weapons if Washington does not end tough economic sanctions against the impoverished regime. For years, the North had pursued a “byungjin” policy of simultaneously developing its nuclear capabilities alongside the economy. In April, citing a “fresh climate of detente and peace” on the peninsula, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un declared the nuclear quest complete and said his country would focus on “socialist economic construction”

 

 

 

We think you'd love these too...

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *