October 15th is Global Handwashing Day!
This year, the Global Hand washing Day theme focuses on the links between hand washing and food – including food hygiene and nutrition.
Hand washing is an important part of keeping food safe, preventing diseases, and helping children grow strong. Our tagline: Clean hands – a recipe for health, reminds us to make hand washing a part of every meal.
ALSO READ: Abeg wash ya hands – Emeka Nwolisa
Here are a few ways you can make a difference this Global Hand washing Day:
– Wash your hands with soap at critical times, especially before eating, cooking, or feeding others.
– Model good hand washing behavior, and remind or help others to always wash their hands before eating.
– Make hand washing part of your family meals.
– Establish places to wash your hands in the household, in your community, in schools, workplaces, and in health facilities.
– Promote effective hand washing behavior change in research, policy, programs, and advocacy.
Global Hand washing Day is a global advocacy day dedicated to increasing awareness and understanding about the importance of hand washing with soap as an effective and affordable way to prevent diseases.