October 20, 2017

I am in Guantánamo Bay. The US government is starving me to death – Khalid Qassim

I am in Guantánamo Bay. The US government is starving me to death – Khalid Qassim

 

I haven’t had food in my stomach for 23 days. The 20 September was the day they told us they would no longer feed us. They have decided to leave us to waste away and die instead.

I am in so much pain every minute that I know it can’t go on much longer. Now as each night comes, I wonder if I will wake up in the morning. When will my organs fail? When will my heart stop? I am slowly slipping away and no one notices.

There is a man who is in charge of all the medical staff. I don’t know his name but they call him the Senior Medical Officer. He was the one who called us all in and told us they would stop feeding us. As soon as he took over, I knew he was bad news and now he has decided to end our lives.

I don’t have many days left

I started hunger strike because I was so frustrated, so depressed – I have been locked up here so far from my family for 15 years. I have never been charged with a crime and I have never been allowed to prove my innocence. Yet I am still here. And now President Donald Trump says that none of us – the 26 “forever” prisoners who have apparently committed no crime, but merit no trial – will ever leave here so long as he is in charge. Read more

READ  News outlets denied access to White House press briefing

 

 

Radi8
InnJoo Reborn

Comments

comments

Related posts

Share your thoughts.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *