A father-of-two was horrified when he discovered 15 snakes living in his back garden. He also found dozens of eggs nestled in the overgrown grass of his new home at Kirkby on Bain near Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, on Sunday, September 24. The dad, who wants to remain anonymous, was clearing his back yard when he made the stomach-churning finds.
But he didn’t realise until later that he was left with a stinging injury. Two purple bites began to develop on his hand the following day and by the afternoon his hand “felt like it was on fire”. After rushing to Boston Pilgrim Hospital, doctors said he may have fallen victim to a ‘dry bite’ meaning venom had pierced the skin, but the saliva had not been pumped into his body by the snake. He said: “I didn’t know I’d been bitten until the next day”. Read more