December 15, 2017

Latest Updates

Northern Cameroun bans child beggars

Northern Cameroun bans child beggars

In a bid to combat the recent spate of bombings, Northern Cameroun authorities have ordered child beggars off the streets. This is because all the suicide bombers so far have been children, including the 13-year-old female who detonated explosives in an attack Saturday evening, as was reported the Associated Press (AP).

In the latest attack inside Cameroun, at least 20 people were killed and another 85 wounded in the northern town of Maroua. The suicide bombing came just days after another attack there earlier in the week.

Governor Midjiyawa Bakari said he was implementing strict measures after stepped up security failed to thwart the second attack. Authorities believe the suicide bombers are coming from Nigeria, and the governor has ordered “a census of all visitors in all neighbourhoods.” A curfew will also be in place from 8 pm until 6 am,” he said.

The measures being take also includes the closure of mosques and Islamic schools.The closures and restrictions have provoked some criticism. “They should have better solutions to their problems. Why is that governor chasing the wrong horse?” asked 70-year-old Aladji Haman from the Maroua central mosque. Read more

READ  WHO IS DOROBUCCI? DON JAZZY’S DORO-mania: BLENDING MUSICAL INGENUITY WITH STREET SAVVY by Toni Kan

Follow us @sabinewsnaija

 

photo credit (representative image)

Radi8
InnJoo Reborn

We think you'd love these too...

Comments

comments

Related posts

Share your thoughts.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *