The Borno Government said on Monday that it would re-open public secondary schools next week, two years after they were closed due to Boko Haram insurgency. The state’s Commissioner for Education, Inuwa Kubo, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri that Internally Displayed Persons (IDPs) occupying the schools had been relocated to allow for the resumption of academic activities.
Mr Kubo said that repairs had been carried out on all the structures in the schools to provide atmosphere, conducive for teaching and learning. “I wish to announce that on Sept. 26, all public schools are going to be re-opened.
“I want to state that government has repaired all the structures damaged by the IDPs in the schools, to ensure comfort for the returning students. “Parents and guardians should please make sure that they send their children back to school,” he said. Read more