My people, don’t mind ASA, there is fire on the mountain. And this time, everybody is on the run.
Over the weekend, the hashtag, #ENDSARS littered social media, from Twitter to Facebook and to Instagram. I ran to Google and punched in SARS. What I saw reminded me of Lord Acton’s quote: “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”
Let me leave grammar for Professor Wole Soyinka and Patrick Obahagbon. Below is a list of the 10 commandments of SARS.
1. To walk on the streets with a laptop is a sin.
2. To be young and rich is a sin.
3. To use a smartphone is a sin.
4. To be a member of the beard gang means you have joined bad gang.
5. To wear jean trousers is a sin.
6. To wear designer tops is a sin; you must be a yahoo-yahoo.
7. To be jobless is a sin – even if have written 10,000 applications in one month.
8. To walk around without an I.D card is a sin – (just go and forge one, biko).
9. To wear a tattoo is a big SIN
10. To wear a Fez cap is a sin, even under the sweltering sun. (You are covering your face which means you are a suspect!)