Sahara Group has announced an Instagram photography competition tagged #TheGreenestLoveofAll for which prizes include a Samsung S8 Smartphone and an Apple Smart Watch.
Making the announcement in a statement, the energy conglomerate said that “on the back of a successful #GoGreenforValentine internal campaign we are proud to extend our theme of love to span the rest of February-The Universal Month of Love.’
The statement explained further that at Sahara Group, the belief is that “the greatest love of all begins with the world we inhabit and our concern for her sustainable well-being.”
Our planet, Sahara Group stated, is the cradle of all known life forms and the foundation for every human experience conceivable so it feels right to bring our natural environment to the very centre of our February love theme.
Not wanting to wait until Earth Day, which is April 22, the Group has decided to recognise, celebrate and preserve the planet every day of every month and decided to approach their #TheGreenestLoveofAll campaign as though they were planning an early, festive surprise party for Mother Earth.
The Instagram photo competition is designed to reinforce the importance of capturing moments that celebrate the people, places and things, which best depict the promotion or violation of environmental consciousness and eco-friendly sustainable practices.
Sahara Group wants intending contestants to capture these images with the utility of what today is considered to be our closest, most steadfast companion- The mobile smart phone!
“Who or what have you seen at home, at work, or driving down the road which struck you as the greenest expression of love? What sort of images should we immortalise and preserve? What strikes you as a cautionary tale or something we should do away with to preserve our planet for the next generation? We would like you to capture, upload, tag and share it!” said the statement.
Contestants must also enter a short narrative under the caption to describe why the photo exemplifies #TheGreenestLoveofAll and what the picture and/or the theme means to them in particular.
Here are just some of the reasons the subject of Climate Action is so meaningful to us at Sahara Group:
- As a UN appointed custodian of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we have a mandate to drive the achievement of Goals 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy) and 13 (Climate Action) across the world.
- By driving environmental governance, resource efficiency and ecosystem management particularly in developing nations, we lay the groundwork and nurture the operating conditions which foster entrepreneurship and the reciprocation of wealth in the communities most in need of it.
Please note that we are not looking for professional pictures taken with state of the art, single lens digital cameras. What we are looking for are the best pictures taken with the convenience of your mobile phone.
We’d love to help you celebrate the pride you took in producing the photos.
Value of Contest
- Grand Prize – Samsung S8 Smartphone (winning photo to be enlarged, framed and displayed at the African Artist Foundation Gallery & Sahara HQ)
- 1st Runner-Up – Apple Smart Watch (photo to be framed and displayed at the African Artist Foundation Gallery & Sahara HQ)
- Images MUST depict the theme.
- Images MUST have a narrative or caption describing why you entered the photo
- Images MUST be taken with the use of a smartphone.
- All contestants MUST follow @iamsaharagroup on Instagram.
- When posting the image, the contestant MUST tag @iamsaharagroup
- Images MUST be posted and submitted via Instagram using the following hashtags; #TheGreenestLoveOfAll · Images MUST not contain inappropriate subject matter.
- Pre-existing photographs, stock photos are not allowed. You may be asked to prove the originality and date of images submitted.
- No corporate imagery such as company logos, branded cars or merchandise can be admitted.
Be as artistically creative with your mobile phone as possible.
- The final judging panel is comprised of selected members from the artistic community.
- The approved images would be reviewed by the panel to produce a short list of 10.
- The top 10 entries selected by the panel will be posted on our Instagram page and whittled down to 3 based on the number of likes and re-grams.
Please note that the hashtags MUST be used while posting your images to ensure eligibility