September 25, 2017

Seplat Acquires OMLs 55 and 53

Seplat Acquires OMLs 55 and 53

Seplat Petroleum Development Company announced today, February 5, 2015, in two releases the acquisition of OMLs 55 and 53.
Find the full text of the press releases below.

 

BillionaireJackpot

Seplat announces acquisition of interest in OML 55 onshore Nigeria

Lagos and London, 5 February 2015:  Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc (“Seplat” or the “Company”), a leading Nigerian indigenous oil and gas company listed on both the Nigeria Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange, today announces that it has concluded negotiations to purchase 56.25% of the share capital of Belemaoil Producing Limited (“Belemaoil”), a Nigerian special purpose vehicle (“SPV”) that has completed the acquisition of a 40.00% interest in the producing OML 55, located in the swamp to coastal zone of south eastern Niger Delta,  (the “Acquisition”), from Chevron Nigeria Limited (“CNL”).  NNPC holds the remaining 60.00% interest in OML 55.Seplat’s effective working interest in OML 55 as a result of the Acquisition is 22.50%.

The consideration for Seplat to acquire its 22.50% effective working interest in OML 55 is US$132.2 million after adjustments.The adjustments to the consideration include a deferred payment of US$11.6 million net to Seplat contingent on oil prices averaging US$90/bbl or above for 12 consecutive months over the next five years.The Company has also advanced certain loans of US$80.0 million to the other shareholders of Belemaoil to meet their share of investments and costs associated with Belemaoil.  In addition, discussions are underway to determine repayment terms for the initial deposit against the acquisition of US$52.5 million that Belemaoil funded with bank debt.  This amount may subsequently be added to the total amount loaned to Belemaoil by Seplat.Under the agreed terms Seplat will recover the loaned amounts, together with an uplift premium of upto US$20.6 million and annual interest of 10.00%, from 80.00% of the other shareholders oil lifting entitlements. The Company estimates net recoverable hydrocarbon volumes attributable to its 22.50% effective working interest to be approximately 20 MMbbls of oil and condensate and 156 Bscf of gas (total 46 MMboe).  Current gross production at OML 55 is approximately 8,000 bopd (1,800 bopd on a 22.50% working interest basis).  Pursuant to the Joint Operating Model approved by the Honourable Nigerian Minister of Petroleum Resources, Seplat has been designated operator of OML 55.  The Company will also act as technical services provider to Belemaoil.

“The addition of OML 55 to our portfolio, together with the separately announced acquisition of OML 53, expands our footprint in the Niger Delta to six blocks and further cements our position as a leading indigenous independent E&P in Nigeria.OML 55 provides us with a number of attractive opportunities to boost oil and gas output, and is consistent with our strategy of prioritising thosethat offer near-term production growth, cash-flow and reserve replacement potentialin the onshore and shallow water offshore areas of Nigeria,” said Austin Avuru, Seplat’s Chief Executive Officer.  “We are pleased to have extended our operating partnership with NNPC who we look forward toworking with in our capacity asOperator pursuant to the Joint Operating Model,” he added.

READ  ASA KILLS IT IN PARIS SHOW by Onyeka Nwelue

OML 55 covers an area of approximately 840km2 and is located in the swamp to shallow water offshore areas in the south eastern Niger Delta.  The block contains five producing fields (Robertkiri, Inda, Belema North, Idama and Jokka).  The majority of production on the block is from the Robertkiri, Idama and Inda fields.  The Robertkiri field is located in swamp at a water depth of five metres and has a production platform and utility platform installed.  Production capacity at the Robertkiri facilities is 20,000 bpd and 10 MMscfd.  Production facilities at the Idama field comprise a jack-up mobile offshore production unit (“MOPU”) and riser platform that have a capacity of 30,000 bpd of total fluids and 34 MMscfd.  The Jokka field is produced through a manifold tied-back to the Idama facilities.  Production facilities at the Inda field comprise a MOPU with a capacity of 30,000 bpd of total liquids and 34 MMscfd. Overall, the  infrastructure on OML 55 comprises four flow-stations, a network of flow-lines and two eight-inch pipelines that connect to third party operated infrastructure.  The Belema field is unitised with OML 25 and is produced via a flow-station on that block. All produced liquids from OML 55 are delivered via third party infrastructure to the Bonny terminal for processing and shipping.In addition to the oil potential on the block there is also an opportunity to develop the significant gas resources that have also been identified.

 

Seplat completes acquisition of interest in OML 53 onshore Nigeria

Lagos and London, February 2015:  Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc (“Seplat” or the “Company”), a leading Nigerian indigenous oil and gas company listed on both the Nigeria Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange, today announces that it has completed the acquisition of a 40.00% working interest in OML 53, onshore north eastern Niger Delta from Chevron Nigeria Limited (“CNL”).  NNPC holds the remaining 60.00% interest in OML 53.

The up-front acquisition cost to Seplat, after adjustments, is US$259.4 million, of which US$69.0 million had previously been paid as a deposit in 2013 and US$190.4 million paid at completion. The adjustments to the up-front acquisition cost include a deferred payment of US$18.75 million contingent on oil prices averaging US$90/bbl or above for 12 consecutive months over the next five years.  The Company estimates net recoverable hydrocarbon volumesattributable to its 40.00% working interest to be approximately 51 MMbbls of oil and condensate and 611 Bscf of gas (total 151 MMboe). Seplat has been designated asOperator of OML 53 pursuant to the Joint Operating Modelapproved by the Honourable Nigerian Minister of Petroleum Resources.

READ  'Rich kids' app to cost $1000 a month

“This transaction fits neatly with our strategy of securing, commercialising and monetising natural gas in the Niger Delta with a view to supplying the rapidly growing and evolving domestic market.  In addition to the large scale discovered, but undeveloped gas and condensate resources that are yet to be fully classified through detailed technical work, there are near term opportunities to increase and optimise oil production significantly above current levels,” said Austin Avuru,Seplat’s Chief Executive Officer.  “We very much look forward to working with NNPC and leveraging our technical and commercial expertise as Operator to realise the full potential of this high grade acreage,” he added.

OML 53 covers an area of approximately 1,585km2 and is located onshore in the north eastern Niger Delta.  The Jisike oil field, located in the north western area of the block, is currently the only producing field on OML 53.   Current gross production from Jisike is approximately 2,000bopd (approximately 800 bopd on a 40.00% working interest basis).  Existing infrastructure on OML 53 at Jisike comprises flow-lines, phase one separation facilities and a flow station with a design capacity of 12,000 bopd and 8 MMscfd.  Oil production is then sent for further processing at the nearby Izombe facilities on OML 124 from where it is exported via pipeline to the Brass oil terminal.  The block also contains the large undeveloped Ohaji South gas and condensate field, the development of which will be co-ordinated with the SPDC operated Assa North field on adjacent OML 21, together referred to as the ANOS project.  The expectation is that future gasproduction from the ANOS project will supply the domestic market, for which significant work on commercialisation terms and development concepts has been undertaken.There is also shallow oil development potential at Ohaji South that could be pursued as a separate standalone project in the near term.  Prior to initiating development of the ANOS project, Seplat expects to focus efforts on increasing oil production at the Jisike field and development of the shallow oil reservoirs in Ohaji South.

 

Follow us @sabinewsnaija

 

 

Radi8
InnJoo Reborn

We think you'd love these too...

Comments

comments

Related posts

Share your thoughts.

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *