* Shehu Sani, El-Rufai Trade Insults on Twitter * I am committed to public good, says Ekweremadu

* Shehu Sani, El-Rufai Trade Insults on Twitter                 * I am committed to public good, says Ekweremadu

SABINEWS MORNING NEWS UPDATE NOVEMBER 10, 2018

 

Shehu Sani, El-Rufai Trade Insults on Twitter

Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai and Senator representing Kaduna Central at the Senate, Shehu Sani, are locked in Twitter war. Sani engaged el-Rufai in a social media quarrel as he tweeted a response to an earlier angry tweet by el-Rufai at ex-Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, who is the vice-presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 presidential election. Trouble started when el-Rufai tweeted at Obi, saying, Peter Obi is a tribal bigot. He was widely quoted on national television that the SSS was right to detain me for 48 hours in an hotel in 2014 on the grounds that ”El-Rufai has no business being in Anambra State as it is not Katsina State”! I sued the SSS and awarded N4m damages.

I am committed to public good, says Ekweremadu

Unruffled by his encounter with the alleged assassins that invaded his house last Tuesday, in Abuja, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu said yesterday that he was committed to public good and would continue to serve the country to the best of his abilities. He said Nigeria would be better going forward and the people would enjoy the dividends of democracy, as part of the commitment they have shown towards sustaining the unity, peace and development of the country. Ekweremadu, who spoke on arrival at the Akanu Ibiam International airport Enugu, where he was received by his constituents, who thronged to the place in show of solidarity over his recent travails, urged the people to continue to pray for the unity and survival of the country.

APC Crisis: Buhari, Osibanjo, Tinubu, Govs Meet Next Week to Determine Oshiomhole’s Fate

Barring any last minute changes, a leadership meeting of the All Progressives Congress will hold next week to determine the fate of the embattled National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole. A prominent member of the party, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, confided in one of our correspondents, in Abuja, on Friday that as a precursor to this meeting, the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, and Oshiomhole, met in Paris, France, on Thursday. Tinubu had gone to France ahead of the President’s visit to the country.

 N5.8bn illegal approval: I did no wrong, Osinbajo replies House of Reps

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday faulted the report of the House Committee on Emergency and Disaster Preparedness which allegedly indicted him over “emergency intervention of food security to the North-East” in June 2017, when he was Acting President. Osinbajo’s position was contained in a statement made available to journalists by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande. In its report, the committee had alleged that N5,865,671,939.26 was approved and released in June 2017 vide a memo raised from the Office of the Acting President, directing the Minister of Finance and the Accountant-General of the Federation to so act.

Election budget: Senate acted in agreement with Presidency, says panel boss

Chairman, Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Institutions, Senator Rafiu Ibrahim, has explained that the Senate’s decision to rescind and revise the methods of funding of the supplementary budget of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies for the conduct of the 2019 general elections, was done in good faith, after due consultation with the Executive. Senator Ibrahim, in a statement yesterday, said, “on Tuesday, October 16th, the Senate had already passed the N242, 245, 050,100 virement request with the stipulation that it should be funded from the Service Wide Vote, but had to rescind, reconsider and reverse its position following pressure on members of the Appropriations Committee by the Executive Arm of government.”

NURTW members invade Ondo Assembly, beat lawmakers, others

There was pandemonium at the Ondo State House of Assembly on Friday as members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers invaded the Assembly, beating up lawmakers and members of staff. The invasion followed the impeachment of the Speaker of the House, Mr. Bamidele Oloyeloogun, and his deputy, Mr Iroju Ogundeji, by 18 out of the 26 members of the House. The lawmakers were said to have exchanged fisticuffs during the impeachment process, which was preceded by a rowdy session on the floor of the House.

New Ondo speaker, Olamide George, promises better welfare for athletes

Better days may have come for athletes and officials of Ondo State, as the new Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Olamide George has promised to use his position to empower the youths, particularly sports men and women. Olamide George, who is the current vice president of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), was sworn in as the new speaker of Ondo State House of Assembly yesterday, after 18 members of the house endorsed the impeachment of the former principal officers. George replaced Bamidele Oleyelogun, who was impeached yesterday morning alongside his deputy, Iroju Ogundeji.

Buhari to open Second Interior Games in Kaduna

President Muhammad Buhari has been confirmed to perform the opening ceremony of this year’s Ministry of Interior Games, tagged MIGA 2018, on November 22 in Kaduna. The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has also been scheduled to perform the closing on December 1. Minister of Interior, Lieutenant General Bello Dambazau (rtd) explained while unveiling the logo and mascot for the MIGA 2018 that the objectives of the event was to foster intra and inter-Services relationship and reinforce the connection between personnel of the Services and the Civil Servants in the main ministry; identify and select athletes that would represent the Services, ministry in national and international competitions.

NCC Tennis League semifinals to feature 10 national champions

The 2018 NCC Tennis League semifinals planned for the Enugu Sports Club and the Abuja National Stadium Tennis Centre will feature 10 current and active former national champions. That, in the estimation of many tennis pundits, will be historic. Through to the semifinals after a hectic and very competitive group stage is Team Offikwu of Kaduna, which has four active former national champions, including Christie Agugbom, Sylvester Emmanuel, Henry Atseye and Shehu Lawal, to lead their battle against Team Goshen of Ilorin in one semifinal scheduled to hold in Abuja on December 1 and Sunday December 2.

Anthony Joshua storms Jamaica, keeps fit in gym

Anthony Joshua showed off his ever-imposing physique while on holiday in Jamaica as he continues to soak up the sun during his brief hiatus away from the ring. The IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight champions of the world overcame his most recent challenge back in September when he felled Alexander Povetkin in the seventh round at Wembley Stadium. It is fair to say, then, the 2012 Olympic gold medallist has earned some recuperation time and promptly jetted to the Caribbean to take in the sweltering 30-degree heat.

 Leicester City owner to get statue outside King Power Stadium after fatal helicopter crash

A statue of Leicester City’s owner, who died in a helicopter crash two weeks ago, will be built at the club’s stadium. The tribute is confirmed in the programme for the Foxes’ first home game since the tragedy. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha’s son, known to fans as “Top”, writes: “I plan to commission a statue of my father, for outside King Power Stadium, as a permanent and fitting tribute to the man that made it all possible. “He will forever be in our hearts. He will never be forgotten.

 Juve, Dybala Reveals What He Told Mourinho after United Game

Juventus must bounce back from a disappointing midweek collapse, where they threw away a one-goal lead heading into the last ten minutes, to be defeated 2-1 by Manchester United in the Allianz Stadium. Juventus have to take on AC Milan at the weekend, with Paulo Dybala speaking to Sky Sport in anticipation of the clash, revealing what he told Jose Mourinho after the Champions League game.

“I told him that there was no need for that gesture, which created more tensions, it’s ugly, sometimes we also take insults from the crowd, but there was no need, but I did not insult him, nothing that has been spread around.

Ryanair Plane Seized By French Authorities, Forcing 149 Passengers To Disembark

For Europe’s biggest budget airline, 2018 has just got even worse. Ryanair had a £30m jet seized by French authorities in a row over an alleged unpaid bill. Ryanair flight 1782 flew normally from Stansted to Bordeaux on Thursday afternoon, and was due to return from the French city at 6pm. But the French civil aviation authority grounded the Boeing 737, disrupting the travel plans of the 149 passengers booked on flight 1783 back to Stansted. The travellers were told informally by French officials the aircraft was being impounded because of an unpaid debt of €500,000 (£435,000).

Jo Johnson Quits as Minister Over Brexit

Jo Johnson’s resignation is another boost to those calling for a new people’s vote referendum on Brexit. In addition, it hasn’t just been welcomed by like-minded Remainers. Chief Brexiteer and big brother Boris Johnson said the pair may not agree about Brexit, but were “united in dismay” over the UK’s position. Moreover, the DUP leader said her party could not support Theresa May’s current position. We speak to former attorney general Dominic Grieve.

California Wildfires: Nine Dead In Most Destructive Inferno In Century While Celebrities Flee Malibu Mansions

Nine people have been burned to death as California’s most destructive fire in at least a century engulfed the town of Paradise, while celebrities fled fast-moving fires in the south of the state.  Only a day after it began the so-called “Camp Fire” spread to over 140 square miles in size and levelled the town, which has a population of 30,000. More than 2,000 firefighters were battling the blaze, which destroyed more than 6,700 homes and businesses. Captain Scott McLean, of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, said: “Pretty much the community of Paradise is destroyed. It’s that kind of devastation.

We think you'd love these too...

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *