Dogo and maltex bottle are just two of the common yabs that are thrown at tall and short people; there are many more in different languages. If you’ve ever been described with nothing but your height – that short girl or that long uncle – you’ll understand.
Despite the fact that height is something you have little control over (forget all that gist about eating plenty beans, it doesn’t work); it influences how you are perceived and in some cases treated.
Your height apparently also affects everything from your sexual allure to your bank account and your lifespan according to this article in BBC Future.
Here are a few of the conclusions they came to.
- When it comes to money and power, it’s easier for taller people to dominate.
- Taller people might seem to win the dating game, but that doesn’t always translate into success.
- For sports and athletics, it really depends on the sport. Neither tall nor short wins.
- Smaller people are less accident-prone than taller people.
- Having a shorter body means a longer lifespan.
- The taller you are, the happier you are.
While these results are not cast in stone, the next time you’re yabbed for being too tall or too short, you can whip out one of these points in your defence.