Here are some facts about deceased lawmaker, Funke Adedoyin.
- Funke Adedoyin until her death represented Isin/Oke-ero/ Irepodun/ Ekiti in the House of Representatives. The 56 years old lawmaker was a former Minister of Youth and later Minister of State for Health, both under Obasanjo administration.
- She was the daughter of the billionaire industrialist, Samuel Adedoyin, Chairman Doyin Group of Company. She was from Agbamu, a town in Irepodun local government of Kwara State.
- Before her appointment as Minister, she was a governorship running mate to the Current President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki in 2003 governorship election.
- She attended B.C.H.E, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom and graduated with a Bachelors Degree (B.Sc.) in 1982.
- She also obtained DMS from the S.C.H. United Kingdom in 1983. She then proceeded to the University of Kent at Canterbury, where she obtained MA certificate in the year 1984.
- She was elected member of the House in 2015 under the All Progressive Congress. She recently decamped to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). She passed away on the 28th September 2018 following a protracted struggle with cancer.