The Lagos State Government has announced the planned restriction of movement on major roads that will form part of the route for the International Marathon planned for tomorrow Saturday February 6, 2016.
It will start by 7am at the National Stadium Surulere and terminate at Eko Atlantic City.
– The Marathon will start from the National Stadium and move to Anthony through Ikorodu Road; to Gbagada Road,and Third Mainland Bridge.
– The team will interchange at Sura/Simson bridge to Alfred Rewane to Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge.
– The marathon will terminate at Eko Atlantic City off Ahmadu Bello Way Victoria Island!
As a result all traffic flow and access from:
– Alaka and Alhaji Masha to National Stadium towards Ojuelegba and along Western Avenue terminating at Anthony Bus stop would be blocked
– whole stretch of Anthony Oke to Gbagada unto Third Mainland Bridge along with accesses at New Garage, Adeniji Adele interchange; Sura/Simpson and Obalende would equally be blocked.
In addition to be blocked:
– all access from Dolphin Estate towards Osborne terminating at Falomo Road-about;
– while access to Falomo Roundabout from Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road), Awolowo Road and traffic from Victoria Island would also be affected.
Other areas to be affected include:
– all access/link roads along Bourdillon up to Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Roundabout and the Link Bridge;
– blockade of traffic on Admiralty Way from the bridge outlet inward Lekki-Epe Expressway inward Ozumba Mbadiwe to Akin Adesola, Bishop Oluwole and Bar Beach (Atlantic City).”